The SFPA is seeking nominations for the CAPA Paralegal of the Year. The SFPA has won the award 2 years in a row!
Please submit nominations by July 1, 2020 to email@example.com
The criteria for this prestigious award is below:
A candidate must be a voting member of a CAPA member association and compliant with Business & Professions Code Section 6450 et seq. to be eligible for nomination.
A candidate is nominated by a CAPA member association. It is up to the member association’s Board of Directors and/or Membership to select the candidate it wishes to submit for nomination.
The judges will be looking for the following qualities/experience:
Contributions to the paralegal profession by:
- Teaching or tutoring paralegal students
- Speaking at seminars and conferences on substantive legal topics, on issues concerning the paralegal profession, or on leadership
- Mentoring paralegal students or other working paralegals
- Displaying commitment and providing services to professional organizations such as local, state and national paralegal associations.
- Writing articles for legal publications
- Commitment to continuing legal education
- Commitment to community through volunteering or pro bono services within the legal profession or outside the legal profession
- Contributions to their firms, in-house counsel, governmental agency or non-profit
Member associations should nominate an individual for Paralegal of the Year by submitting a brief written essay describing why the nominee deserves this honor. Essays should be kept to a maximum of 500 words. Supporting materials such as letters of recommendation should not be attached to the essay. However, you may consider obtaining statements from individuals who have worked or served with the candidate and quote from these statements in the written essay. Such statements can provide excellent examples of what distinguishes the nominee from other paralegals. Essays should be submitted to the designated Paralegal of the Year award coordinator who will provide the written essays for the sponsor, who will choose CAPA’s Paralegal of the Year.
Judges will be looking for candidates who have demonstrated their value as members of a legal services team, shown dedication to the legal profession, and shown dedication to CAPA’S mission:
"STRENGTH THROUGH STATEWIDE ALLIANCE -PROVIDING A VOICE OF LEADERSHIP IN PROMOTING EDUCATION, VOLUNTARY EXAMINATION, AND ADVANCEMENT OF THE PARALEGAL PROFESSION."